In her recent Palm Springs Life Magazine article, Michelle Roe takes a look at 10 places to end 2016 and start your New Year. Whether you are up for a night out on the town, a community block party, or a small social soiree, the Greater Palm Springs area is bursting with spirit and good cheer.
Here are 5 of Michelle’s suggestions on how to spend the evening of Dec. 31st:
1. NEW YEAR’S EVE BLOCK PARTY AT SPA RESORT CASINO - This crowd-pleasing, carnival-like community event makes the count down til’ midnight a family affair. It will feature local restaurant and merchandise vendors, a kid’s zone, bar garden, and DJ’s to keep the party hopping, a special performance by none other than The Village People and fireworks. Spa Resort Casino, 401 E. Amado, Road, Palm Springs. For more information, please either call 888-999-1995 or visit their website: www.sparesortcasino.com.
2. THE LIVING DESERT’S MILDLY WILD NEW YEAR’S EVE CELEBRATION - In the spirit of giving and conservation and in honor of Year of the Cheetah, the zoo’s year-long effort to raise awareness and funds for the endangered animals, why not start 2017 as a fat cat at this primal fete. The Living Desert is hosting a dinner dance with an East Coast countdown to midnight and a special concert by Dave Damiani and the No Vacancy Orchestra. Guests are encouraged to don their cheetah prints and get “mildly wild” to raise a voice for big cats. The Living Desert, 47900 Portola Ave., Palm Desert. For more information, please either call 760-346-5694 or visit their website: www.livingdesert.org/event/mildly-wild-new-years-eve/
3. HUEY LEWIS AND THE NEWS AT AGUA CALIENTE CASINO - If the band’s hits like Heart of Rock and Roll, If This Is It, Workin’ For a Livin, The Power of Love and Back in Time are stuck in your head, then take in this New Years Eve concert by Huey Lewis and The News. Agua Caliente Resort Casino Spa Resort, 32-250 Bob Hope Drive, Rancho Mirage. For more information, please either call 760-321-2000 or visit their website: www.hotwatercasino.com
4. PARTY WITH BB AT THE HARD ROCK HOTEL PALM SPRINGS - BB, the master party planner himself, is at it again with one of the hottest tickets in town for BB’s 33rd Annual New Year’s Eve Masquerade Party. Last year’s party attracted more than 3,000 people. This is one grand gathering with music, bands and DJ’s spanning three floors and six entertainment stages. Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs, 150 S. Indian Canyon Drive, Palm Springs. For more information, please visit their website: http://partywithbb.com/
5. VICKY’S OF SANTA FE - Three party options gives this jazz supper club an array of music and food offerings. Be it savoring a special Chef’s signature meal in the Dining Room, dancing in the lounge with The John Stanley King Show or sipping cocktails in the bar, the evening will serve up memories to savor. Vicky’s of Santa Fe, 45-100 Club Drive, Indian Wells, 760-345-9770. For more information, please visit their website: www.vickysofsantafe.com/new_eve_dinner_2016/index.html
To read Michelle Roe’s original article (and to see her other 5 suggestions) and view the accompanying pictures, courtesy of Palm Springs Life Magazine, please visit: http://www.palmspringslife.com/10-new-years-eve-spots-to-welcome-2017/