1. Define your needs. Do you need to sell or do you want to sell? Decide on the reason for selling you home and what you want to achieve from selling you home. Do you want a larger home? To reduce payments? Perhaps relocation to another area? We learn your goals so we can work together to achieve your goal within a reasonable time frame.
2. What should the listing price be? Once of the best ways to help determine a fair market price is by reviewing the comparable sales of similar houses within your area. Setting a fair asking price from the outset will generate the most activity from other real estate agents and buyers. “Stale” listings often occur when the price of a home is initially set too high. If your home sits on the market for too long, potential buyers may think there is something wrong with the property. Often, when this happens, the seller has to drop the price below market value to compete with newer, reasonably priced listings. Our job is to provide you with the right information at the right time. We provide our honest opinion of your home’s worth and suggestions on how to maximize your price.
3. First impressions. Your home needs to appeal to the widest variety of buyers to maximize the selling potential. Most of us don't live in showroom condition homes. However, buyers like to be able to freely move about without noticing clutter. Remember, clutter can make a room look smaller than it actually is. Maintaining a neutral color scheme and removing family photos, mementos and personalized décor will help buyers visualize the home as theirs. Homes that look and smell fresh have a better chance of selling.
4. Does everyone know? We work with you to get the word out fast that your home is for sale. Agent and other open houses, vast internet marketing, yard signs, direct mail campaigns and MLS listings are some of the ways we market your home. Did you ever think people would tweet about your home?
5. Receiving an offer. You will be immediately notified of all offers. We will work with the selling realtor to try and have all buyers pre-qualified or pre-approved and all offers accompanied by a proof of funds. Your options can range from acceptance, or a counteroffer, to full out rejection of an offer. Remember: Once both parties have signed a written offer, the document becomes legally binding. If you have any questions or concerns, be certain to address them with your real estate agent right away.
6. The negotiations. Most offers to purchase your home will require some negotiating to come to a win-win agreement. Our job is to get you the best offer for your property. You determine which offer is best for you. Sometimes a slightly lower, clean (all cash) offer is favored over a higher dollar value or conditional offer. We try to make it a win-win for all parties.
7. Prepare to close. From the time an offer is accepted up to the close of escrow, we keep you informed of anything you need to do to complete the sale. Likely there will be a home inspection. We will serve as your advocate when dealing with the buyer's agent and service providers. Important reminder: A few days before the closing, we will confirm the necessary documents will be ready to sign on the appropriate date. Also, begin to make arrangements for your upcoming move if you have not done so. We will also provide you with a moving checklist to help prepare for moving day.
8. Close the deal. "Closing" refers to the meeting where ownership of the property is legally transferred to the buyer. We will be present during the closing to monitor the process and assist or mediate any last-minute issues that may arise.
We are honored to have been named Palm Springs Life Magazine’s list of top Coachella Valley real estate teams.
A big THANK YOU to all our buyers and sellers. We know you have a lot of choices when it comes to selecting a real estate agent and appreciate you placing your trust and confidence in us to advise and assist you. And last but definitely not least, a huge round of applause and thanks to our team and to all of the Coldwell Banker team who help us in so many ways each and every day.