(Please click on the image above to view our short YouTube video)
If you’d like to learn more about what’s happening here in the Coachella Valley in April, we suggest that you check out The Guide Magazine, published by Palm Springs Life Magazine. Here’s a peak at what’s inside:
· The Guide | Editor’s Pick: Editor Derrik J. Lang’s Editor’s Pick for April is Modernism Week (April 8-18). In particular, he gives shout-outs to tours of the sumptuously restored 1955 Lawrence Lapham home in Palm Springs’ Deepwell neighborhood, the stunningly angular Stan Sackley residence in Indian Canyons, and the “Desert Modernism: Two Perspectives” tour of Raymond Kappe’s last design and a newly completed Sean Lockyer designed home in Desert Palisades.
· The Guide | Best of the Best: Palm Springs Life Magazine readers voted on their favorite attractions, accommodations, restaurants and experiences in the Coachella Valley. Their picks for Family Friendly Dining include AJ’s on the Green in Cathedral City, Lulu California Bistro in Palm Springs , the Kaiser Grille in Palm Desert and Vickey’s of Santa Fe in Indian Wells.
· The Guide | Wide Open Spaces: Some advice on how to best view 3 of the Desert X art installations from someone in the know, Desert X Curator César Garcia-Alvarez.
· The Guide | Q & A | Mr. Popular: An interview with Josh Agle, aka Shag, the retro-artist with a Palm Springs inspired-aesthetic.
· The Guide | Taste | Ready, Set, Eat!: A look at some fast and delicious dishes being created by Desert chefs where no forks are required, like Empanadas from Norma’s Empanada Factory at the Certified Farmers Market in Palm Springs, La Quinta and Indian Wells, pizza from Rancho Mirage’s The Slice and tacos from El Pecado Crafted Mexican Food in Coachella.
· The Guide | Discover | Modifying Modernism: A look at how Modernism Week organizers are reimagining the April 8-18th events with safety in mind, like focusing on open-air and self-guided experiences, offering many streaming experiences and holding off on the glamorous poolside soirées and elaborate opening-night parties that Modernism Week is known for.
· The Guide | 20 Things to Do Right Now: Suggestions for 20 things you can do now safely include celebrating Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day on April 12th with the braised short rib version at Cork & Fork Wine Bar in La Quinta or a panini version at Chef Tanya’s Kitchen in Palm Springs, exploring the local Cannabis industry with CannaBus Express Tours or playing against a pal in the amateur two-person, best-ball Battle in the Desert golf tournament at PGA West.
· The Guide | Concierge: Your guide to restaurants, arts, attractions, events, nightlife, etc. in the Greater Palm Springs area.
· The Guide | Map: Our favorite map of the Coachella Valley showing why you can’t just take any west running road from let’s say Palm Desert to Palms Springs (because of the mountains that run along the south and west sides of the Coachella Valley cities).
· The Guide | Lasting Impression: A quick look at the Alexander House, later dubbed the House of Tomorrow in 1962 by Look Magazine and now perhaps best known as the Elvis Presley Honeymoon Hideaway after Elvis Presley leased the home and began an extended honeymoon there with Priscilla Presley on May 1, 1967. After sitting on the market for 6 years, the home recently sold for $2.6 million to a buyer who plans to restore it to its original glory. And now you know.
The April 2021 edition of The Guide Magazine is now available free of charge, in print at select locations across the Coachella Valley, and online at: https://digital-palmspringslife.com/guide/2021-april/
CalDRE# 01898254 | 01896117 | 1991628