Want to know what's happening in the Greater Palm Springs area in August? The Guide Magazine, published by Palm Springs Life Magazine, has the answers. Here’s a sneak peak of what’s waiting for you inside the August edition:
· The Guide / Influencer | Palm Springs Weekend: Ruby Keyvani, Los Angeles and San Diego based blogger and content creator (follow her on Instagram at @thatgemruby) reveals her itinerary picks for a Palm Springs weekend getaway. Her picks include stays at La Serena Villas in Palm Springs and The Sands in Indian Wells.
· The Guide / Diversions | This Month In History: Looks at Zaddie Bunker, The Supersonic Grandmother, who co-founded the Coachella Valley’s first automobile garage in 1913, developed landmarks like the Village Theatre and Chi Chi supper club, was the first woman in California to obtain a chauffer’s license, obtained her pilot’s license at age 65, broke the sound barrier in a F-100 Super Sabre Air Force jet at age 72 and applied to be a part of the Apollo Moon Mission at age 80.
· The Guide / Best of the Best: Reveals Palm Springs Life Magazine readers’ votes for the best of the best in Desert Hot Springs. The winner for boutique hotel, resort vacation rental and wedding venue was The Lautner Compound.
· The Guide / Calendar: Gives you 20 things to do in the Greater Palm Springs area in August, including Splash House at the Renaissance Palm Springs, The Saguaro Palm Springs and the Riviera Palm Springs (Aug 9-11), Mary J. Blige at the Fantasy Springs Resort Casino (Aug 10), Idyllwild Strong Benefit Festival (Aug 16-19), Lance Burton at the Fantasy Springs Resort Casino (Aug 17) and Boz Scaggs at the Fantasy Springs Resort Casino (Aug 23).
· The Guide / Summer Guide: The Greater Palm Springs Convention & Visitor’s Bureau and Palm Springs Life Magazine put their heads together to come up with some different themed itineraries to help you find your chill in the Desert this summer. They include:
o Check In: A look at some of the historic hotels, micro boutiques and luxury resorts in the Greater Palm Springs area;
o Chow Down: Suggestions to help you find your fill of flavorful fare and craft drinks;
o Family Adventure: Your guide to adventures that will let you learn and discover alongside the kids;
o Digital Detox: Ideas for trading your cares for sun-drenched days, warm nights and zero screen time in a place where nature, art and wellness collide;
o Girls Trip: Some thoughts on creating a memorable getaway for your girlfriends, filled with palm trees, swimming pool and dreamy desert sunsets;
o Guys Getaway: Ways for the guys to celebrate a special occasion or nothing at all…by racing a Beemer, hitting the links, touring a brewery and much more; and
o Trip For Two: Treating that special someone to a romantic desert get away.
· The Guide / Concierge: Your guide to restaurants, arts, attractions, events, nightlife, etc. in the Greater Palm Springs area.
· The Guide / Tale End: Meet Dominique and Mark Fruchtman, owners of the Escape Room Palm Springs.
The August 2019 edition of The Guide Magazine is now available free of charge, in print at select locations across the Coachella Valley, and online at: https://digital-palmspringslife.com/guide/2019-august/
CalDRE# 01898254 | 01896117 | 02043759