(Please click on the image above to view our short YouTube video)
If you’d like to know some of what’s happening in the Greater Palm Springs area in February, then check out The Guide Magazine, published by Palm Springs Life Magazine. Here’s a peak at what’s inside:
· The Guide | Best of the Best: Palm Springs Life Magazine readers voted on their favorite attractions, accommodations, restaurants and experiences in Palm Desert. Their picks include The Chateau at Lake La Quinta as one of four best Boutique Hotels, Jackalope Ranch in Indio as one of five best continental food and drink establishments, Revivals in Palm Desert and Palm Springs as one of the two best shops for vintage housewares and Bear Creek Canyon Trail in La Quinta as one of four best hiking trails.
· The Guide | Wheel Fun: Some advice on Palm Springs bike paths, lanes, routes and bike repair stations, where to take a break from biking for lunch and the neighborhood with a huge concentrations of midcentury modern and old movies star homes.
· The Guide | Q & A | Cut To The Chase: Palm Desert barber Matthew Sam shares his creative ways to keep the Coachella Valley looking tight, information about his own organic product line and the pandemic hair disasters he’s had to fix.
· The Guide | Taste | Date Apps: A look at some tantalizing appetizers starring the Coachella Valley’s most adored fruit, the date. With takeout and now that outdoor dining is back, you might want to try the Maine Lobster Claw Spring Roll at 533 Viet Fusion in Palm Springs, the Crispy Brussels Sprouts at Jake’s in Palm Springs and the Local Date Plate at the Cork & Fork Wine Bar in La Quinta.
· The Guide | Discover | Steam On: With Modernism Week releasing dozens of tours, talks, films and more, The Guide Editor Derrik J Lang shares The Guide’s top picks, including The Architectural Driving Tour, Mod With A Twist, Signature Home Tour and Hollywood Revisited.
· The Guide | 20 Things to Do Right Now: Suggestions for things you can do now safely include Modernism Week’s Online Experience, grabbing locally grown goodies at the Coachella Valley Certified Farmers Markets, experiencing history at Cabot’s Pueblo Museum in Desert Hot Springs, buying a handcrafted gift for a friend at Mojave Flea Trading Post in Palm Springs and getting some insights into what’s in store for you in 2021 at the Psychic & Healing Arts Fair each weekend at Crystal Fantasy in Palm Springs.
· The Guide | Concierge: Your guide to restaurants, arts, attractions, events, nightlife, etc. in the Greater Palm Springs area.
· The Guide | Map: Our favorite map of the Coachella Valley showing why you can’t just take any west running road from let’s say Palm Desert to Palms Springs (because of the mountains that run along the south and west sides of the Coachella Valley cities).
· The Guide | Lasting Impression: Some of the history on Rancho Mirage’s Rancho Super Car Wash, also known as the elephant car wash because of its large vintage neon sign. The sign dates back to Seattle in 1951 when brothers Dean, Arche and Eldon Anderson opened the first hands-free, automated car washes, complete with splashy pink elephant signs to attract attention. And now you know.
The February 2021 edition of The Guide Magazine is now available free of charge, in print at select locations across the Coachella Valley, and online at: https://digital-palmspringslife.com/guide/2021-february/
CalDRE# 01898254 | 01896117 | 01991628