If you’d like to learn more about great restaurants, accommodations, shopping, spas, outdoor activities, family fun, night life and more here in the Coachella Valley, we suggest that you check out the June edition of The Guide Magazine, published by Palm Springs Life Magazine. Here’s a peak at what’s inside:
- The Guide | Best of the Best: Palm Springs Life Magazine readers voted on their favorite attractions, accommodations, restaurants and experiences in the Coachella Valley in over 50 categories. Their picks for the Valley’s best bakery/deli/sandwiches include ACE Deli in the Agua Caliente Casino Rancho Mirage, Aspen Mills in La Quinta, Café 54 in Coachella, TKB Bakery in Indio and Sherman’s Deli in both Palm Springs and Palm Desert.
- The Guide | Splashes Of Flavor: Looks at some Greater Palm Springs eateries where you can enjoy poolside snacks and sips, including King’s Highway at the Ace Hotel & Swim Club in Palm Springs, Roly China Fusion at The Twist Hotel in Palm Springs’ Uptown Design District, Roadrunner Café alongside the Hyatt Regency Indian Wells’ main pool and Azúcar at the Le Serena Villas in Downtown Palm Springs.
- The Guide | Macaron Maven: Meet Bianca Puentes, owner of The Desert Pâtisserie and purveyor of fine macarons at the Indio Food Park and some of our local farmers markets and pop-ups.
- The Guide | Getaway Guide: The Greater Palm Springs Convention & Visitor’s Bureau and Palm Springs Life Magazine put their heads together to come up with some suggestions for travelers and locals to find their chill in the Desert this summer. They include:
- Check In Chill Out: A look at some of the historic hotels, micro boutiques and luxury resorts in the Greater Palm Springs area that cater to a wide variety of travelers, like Palm Springs’ Hotel Zoso, The Colony Palms, L’Horizon Resort & Spa, the Kimpton Rowan Palm Springs and the Arrive Palm Springs;
- Drinks & Eats: Suggestions to help you find your fill of farm-fresh fare, inspiring cuisine and creative cocktails, including American cuisine at 1501 Uptown Gastropub, Asian cuisine at Thai Smile in Palm Springs, California cuisine at the Vue Grille & Bar in Indian Wells, Continental cuisine at the La Quinta Cliffhouse Grill & Bar and French cuisine at Cuistot in Palm Desert;
- Family Fun: Learn and discover alongside the kiddos and make lasting memories that the entire family will cherish at places like The Living Desert Zoo and Gardens in Palm Desert, the Palm Springs Aerial tramway, the Escape Room Palm Springs or the Moorten Botanical Garden in Palm Springs;
- Retail Therapy: Greater Palm Springs is a shopper’s dream with well curated boutiques, vintage thrift stores, marvelous market and ritzy retailers. You can shop for vintage treasures at The Frippery and Modernway in Palm Springs, fine art at Palm Desert’s CODA Gallery, funky apparel and locally made gifts at Rancho Relaxo in Rancho Mirage and fun Palm Springs products at Destination PSP;
- Greater Outdoors: Create lasting memories with championship golf, high octane thrills and unique nature experiences. Experience some fast driving at the BMW Performance Center in Thermal, some long driving (hopefully) at Palm Desert’s Desert Willow Golf Resort and Marriott Shadow Ridge Golf Club or go exploring with Big Wheel Tours or Palm Springs Windmill Tours;
- Culture Bound: Soak up an array of art, marvel at unparalleled architecture, take in a show or learn about some fascinating history across Greater Palm Springs. Check out the Palm Springs Art Museum, the Old Town Artisan Studios in La Quinta, Palm Springs Celebrity Tours or the Palm Springs Modernism Tour App;
- Relax & Restore: Ease your mind and rejuvenate your body at one of Greater Palm Springs’ superb spas like the Sunstone Spa at Agua Caliente Resort Casino Spa in Ranchi Mirage, the Agua Serena Spa at the Indian Wells Hyatt Regency Resort & Spa, the Spa La Quinta at the La Quinta Resort & Spa and Spa La Lé at the Hotel Paseo in Palm Desert;
- Night Life: After the sun sets, Palm Springs still sizzles with lively gaming, great theater experiences and other activities worth staying up for. Try one of Agua Caliente Casinos three locations in Palm Springs, Cathedral City or Rancho Mirage, night golf at The Lights at Indio Golf Course or stargazing at the Rancho Mirage Library and Observatory;
- The Guide | Concierge: Your guide to restaurants, arts, attractions, events, nightlife, etc. in the Greater Palm Springs area.
- The Guide | Map: Our favorite map of the Coachella Valley.
- The Guide | Lasting Impression: A quick look at Ethereum, an art installation unveiled at the 2018 Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival that has found a permanent home here. Ethereum, created by Italian artist Eduordo Tresoldi, is a mesmerizing 54 foot tall, ghostly wire-mesh sculpture that can be experienced at the corner of Sixth and Cesar Chavez Streets in the city of Coachella.
The June 2021 edition of The Guide Magazine is now available free of charge, in print at select locations across the Coachella Valley, and online at: https://digital-palmspringslife.com/guide/2021-june/
CalDRE# 01898254 | 01896117 | 01991628