Want to know what's happening in the Desert in March. The Guide Magazine, published by Palm Springs Life Magazine, has the answers. Here’s a sneak peak of what’s waiting for you inside:
- Palm Springs Weekend: Sets out the Palm Springs weekend getaway itinerary picks of Vancouver based travel and lifestyle blogger, Kaylee Price (follow her on Instagram at @kaylchip or on her website at kaylchip.com).
- This Month In History: Looks at the death of spring break in Palm Springs after things got out of control in 1986 and it’s come back after the recession of 2008.
- Calendar: Gives you 55 things to do in the Greater Palm Springs area in March, most notably the BNP Paribas Tennis Tournament (the 4th largest in the world after the 4 Grand Slams), Fashion Week El Paseo (the country’s largest direct-to-consumer runway event) and the Palm Desert Food & Wine (featuring over 30 local and celebrity chefs).
- Natural Instinct: Lists some of our local nature sanctuaries and gardens where you can enjoy our blooming spring plants, like the Sunnylands Center & Gardens, Moorten Botanical Gardens, Shields Date Garden and Alpenglow Lilac Gardens.
- Pickle People: Local Pro Marcin Rozpedski provides the lowdown on the pickleball craze and how to play
- Fashion Week Freebies: Looks at how you don’t have to be a VIP ticketholder to feel like one at Fashion Week El Paseo, with the event’s panels and trunk shows.
- Pinkies Out: Takes a look at teatime in Greater Palm Springs at such establishments as The Pink Cabana in Indian Wells, Amanda’s, A Shabby Chic Tea Room & Boutique in Palm Desert and the Joshua Tree National Park Artists’ Tea.
- Concierge: Your guide to restaurants, galleries, attractions, events, nightlife, etc. in the Greater Palm Springs area.
- Tale End: Meet Liz Ostoich, owner of Provençal-style restaurant, Farm Palm Springs.
The March 2019 edition of The Guide Magazine is now available free of charge, in print at select locations across the Coachella Valley, and online at: https://digital-palmspringslife.com/guide/2019-march/