(Please click on the image above to view our short YouTube video)
Want to know what's happening in the Greater Palm Springs area in May? The Guide Magazine, published by Palm Springs Life Magazine, has the answers. Here’s a sneak peak of what’s waiting for you inside the May edition:
· Palm Springs Weekend: Tienlyn Jacobson, Palm Springs-based creative producer, host and blogger (follow her on Instagram at @thoughtfulmisfit) reveals her itinerary picks for a Palm Springs weekend getaway. Her picks include the Palm Springs Art Museum, coffee at the Juniper Table in the Kimpton Rowan Palm Springs and hiking at Ryan Mountain in Joshua Tree National Park.
· Hardest Hole In The Desert: Ever wondered what is the hardest hole in the Desert (other than the one you’re currently playing)? The Guide gives the honor to “Alcatraz”, the 17th hole of the Pete Dye-designed Stadium Course at PGA West in La Quinta.
· The Desert Decides - Best of the Best: Looks at what locals’ consider the best of the best in Indio and Coachella. The big winner (for Alfresco, Barbeque, Breakfast, Burgers, Caterer, Continental, Craft Cocktail, Sports Bar, Sunday Brunch and Wedding Venue) was Jackalope Ranch on Highway 111.
· Calendar: Gives you 45 things to do in the Greater Palm Springs area in May, including the Jacqueline Cochrane Air Show (May 5), Palm Springs Photo Festival (May 5-10) and the Arthur Lyons Film Noir Festival (May 9-12) and the Joshua Tree Music Festival (May 16-19).
· Find Your Zen: Looks at some of the very different yoga class offerings in the Greater Palm Springs area, including Aerial Yoga (at Yoga Bliss in Palm Springs), Yoga In the Park (in Palm Springs’ Ruth Hardy Park with Power Yoga), Full Moon Yoga (at the Miraramonte Resort & Spa in Indian Wells) and a Yoga Hike (at the La Quinta Resort & Spa).
· Storied Style: Provides the ultimate guide to secondhand shipping in Greater Palm Springs, listing such shops as The Fine Art of Design in Palm Desert, Collector’s Corner Premier Resale Shop in Rancho Mirage and Gypsyland, The Frippery and Iconic Atomic in Palm Springs.
· Dine Like A Local: Looks at some creative parings of food and drink in the Greater Palm Springs area, like an Uptown Lemonade and Chicken & Waffles at Palm Springs’ Trip, The Sky Rickey and charred octopus at Palm Springs’ Del Rey and the Vickyrita and 10-ounce filet mignon at Indian Wells’ Vicky’s of Santa Fee.
· Concierge: Your guide to restaurants, arts, attractions, events, nightlife, etc. in the Greater Palm Springs area.
· The Tale End: Meet Jaime Orellana, lead bartender at the JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa in Palm Desert.
The May 2019 edition of The Guide Magazine is now available free of charge, in print at select locations across the Coachella Valley, and online at: https://digital-palmspringslife.com/guide/2019-may/