(Please click on the link above to view our short YouTube video)
If you’d like to learn more about what’s happening here in the Coachella Valley in May, we suggest that you check out The Guide Magazine, published by Palm Springs Life Magazine. Here’s a peak at what’s inside:
· The Guide | Editor’s Pick: Editor Derrik J. Lang’s Editor’s Pick for May is Desert X, the free exhibition of outdoor art across the Coachella Valley, which wraps up on May 16th. Derrik’s two favorites are Eduardo Sarabia’s “The Passenger” in Palm Desert and Alicja Kwade’s “ParaPivot” in Sky Valley.
· The Guide | Best of the Best: Palm Springs Life Magazine readers voted on their favorite attractions, accommodations, restaurants and experiences in the Coachella Valley in over 50 categories. Their picks for the Valley’s best burger include 360 Sports in Rancho Mirage, Café 54 in Coachella, Eureka! in Indian Wells, Grill-a-Burger in Palm Desert and The Grill on Main in La Quinta.
· The Guide | Three Tips: She Moves Mountain’s climbing instructor Katie Paulson shares these 3 rock climbing tips…picking a good spot, like Joshua Tree, seeking help from a professional and examining and not being crippled by fear.
· The Guide | Q & A | Clever Guy: An interview with retired Palm Springs born rugby superstar Todd Clever.
· The Guide | Taste | Smoke Shows: A look at some great Valley barbeque spots like Trio in Palm Springs for ribs, Babe’s BBQ and Brewery in Rancho Mirage for brisket, Brown’s BBQ and Soul Food in north Palm Springs for wings and Smoke Tree BBQ in south Palm Springs for pulled pork.
· The Guide | Discover | Good Forms: As an enhancement to Desert X, a look at some local sculpture sanctuaries like the Elrod Sculpture Garden, the Noah Purifoy Outdoor Desert Art Museum in Joshua Tree, the Sky Art Sculpture Garden in Borrego Springs and Jackie Lee Houston Plaza across from the Palm Springs Convention Center.
· The Guide | 20 Things to Do Right Now: Suggestions for 20 things you can do now safely include celebrating National Burger Day on May 28th, experiencing the Palm Springs Air Museum’s flower drop of 3,000 carnations from a restored B-25 Mitchell Bomber on Memorial Day (May 31st), discover your inner comedian at the Coachella Valley Repertory Theatre’s Improve Comedy & Improv Festival (May 21st-23rd) and try Dos Hombres, the mezcal brand backed by Breaking Bad stars Aaron Paul and Bryan Cranston, on Cinco de Mayo at the Saguaro Palm Spring’s El Jefe restaurant.
· The Guide | Concierge: Your guide to restaurants, arts, attractions, events, nightlife, etc. in the Greater Palm Springs area.
· The Guide | Map: Our favorite map of the Coachella Valley showing why you can’t just take any west running road from let’s say Palm Desert to Palms Springs (because of the mountains that run along the south and west sides of the Coachella Valley cities).
· The Guide | Lasting Impression: A quick look at the East Indio Hills Badlands trail, the Valley’s newest trail. It’s a 5.2 mile loop that traverses twisted rocks and slot canyons formed over millions of years along the San Andreas fault.
The May 2021 edition of The Guide Magazine is now available free of charge, in print at select locations across the Coachella Valley, and online at: https://digital-palmspringslife.com/guide/2021-may/
CalDRE# 01898254 | 01896117 | 02043759