Skip Descant from The Desert Sun takes a look at some of the summer deals available in the Palm Springs area. Skip notes that Palm Springs and the surrounding area have grown from a sleepy, hot, dusty four to five months period to one, at least on weekends, that resembles the high season. Hotels now post near sold-out status on many summer weekends, as vacationers crowd in, driving largely from the Los Angeles and San Diego metro regions. The uptick in business can be attributed to many factors, primarily the strong marketing push by both the Palm Springs Bureau of Tourism and the regional Greater Palm Springs Convention and Visitors Bureau, with their “Sip. Splash. Repeat.”
A lot of the deals Skip discusses reward you for staying an extra day or two in the heat of the desert and the cool of the pool. He cautions that these are far from all the deals offered this summer in Palm Springs and recommends going to the Palm Springs Bureau of Toursim website to see more:
- Posh, the tiny boutique hotel with Art Deco styling, is offering 35 percent off a two-night stay from June 1 to Sept. 30. Reservation must be made online or by calling 760-992-5410, using promo code "POSH-Summer.” Like most deals, “blackout dates,” which are the days on and around holidays like Independence Day and Labor Day, are excluded;
- The Bearfoot Inn, a gay clothing optional hotel, within walking distance of shopping and dining in the Uptown Design District, has rooms starting at $99 a night on Sunday to Thursday stays from June 13 to September 18. Again, like other hotels, holidays are excluded from the deal;
- The Orbit Inn, another terribly cute mid-century boutique hotel in the Historic Tennis Club neighborhood, is offering 50 percent off a third night, if you’ve already been at the Orbit for two nights during the week, Sunday to Wednesday. Valid from July 5 to Aug. 31;
- Eight4Nine will feature a selection of $9 plates (or less,) during happy hour, which actually runs all day long. That offer has already started and runs through Sept. 30;
- At Georgie’s Alibi Azul Patio on Palm Canyon Drive, buy any burger and get a $1 beer, order an appetizer, get the second appetizer at half price, and every Tuesday all bottles of wine are half off. The offer goes through Sept. 30., and the deals are good Sunday to Thursday;
- The Coachella Valley Brewing Company is offering 10 percent off beer tastings through Sept. 30.
- Destination PSP, which has some of the most stylish Palm Springs themed gifts, is taking 10 percent off of your entire purchase through Sept. 30. (Sale items excluded.) Nearby, Crystal Fantasy is offering $5 off a minimum purchase of $20 through Sept. 30;
- Adventure Hummer Tours is offering $20 per person discount on its “famous Joshua Tree Adventure,” which takes you out to Joshua Tree National Park and the San Andreas Fault;
- If you want to take in some military history, Skip says to check out the Palm Springs Air Museum, where if you buy one ticket, you get the second one free Sunday to Thursday through Sept. 30;
- If you want to pamper yourself, book any service at Salon 119 & Day Spa and get 15 percent off Sunday to Thursday through Sept. 30. Remember to mention “Summer Deals”; and
- As well, you can take in one of the numerous events like Splash House, the pool party and DJ festival, now in its fourth year, set for weekends in June and August. If you want to absolutely stay out of the sun, step into a cool dark movie theater for the annual Arthur Lyons Film Noir festival May 12 to 15 or check out Comic Con Palm Springs, with special guest Stan Lee, at the Palm Springs Convention Center Aug. 26 to 28.
To read Skip Descant’s original article and view the accompanying videos and pictures, courtesy of The Desert Sun, please visit: http://www.desertsun.com/story/money/business/tourism/2016/05/06/summer-deals-palm-springs-here/84020778/